4.15.2014

perfectly imperfect

While cleaning up the garden over the weekend...and trimming back the climbing hydrangea...I took a moment to look at the dried stems remaining from last summer...left to wither on the vine over the winter...there was a delicateness to them...as well as a sturdiness...

One of the blogs I follow, JillRuth, started a discussion last week about love of decay...decaying plants, decaying buildings, decaying whatever...there is something intrinsically interesting about the process of breaking down...rather than the process of growing up...and so...I plucked a few of the decaying flowers...and added them to my collection of amber bottles (one with a decaying label!) and was inspired...







































My Saw Palmetto bottle is one of my favorites...there is a huge chip on the lip...
that's probably why it was the last remaining bottle at an estate sale...
with a discounted price...
I snatched it up...







































Someone else who honors the process of decay...Mary Jo Hoffman...her blog, STILL features the most amazing photographs...focusing on detritus, that for the most part, she finds on her daily walks...

I am content with what I find in my yard...combined with my imperfect treasures...


Today's theme over at Kim Klassen's Texture Tuesday is "perfectly imperfect"...I am sure there will be many wonderful images...all perfect to admire...
all photos edited with kk texture warm whisper plus dear dreamer & sonnet 2

23 comments:

  1. Amy I love your bottles just right with your 'distressed' flowers gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the colors of the old bottles and the dried flowers blend so beautifully! love the combination of textures you added.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning photos...so delicate, so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautifully written, and I LOVE your old brown jars...a lovely combination of jars and dried hydrangea! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another wonderful Amy touch! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautifully done and described.

    Amy- the photographs are great. they truly capture and express what your words say..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dried hydrangea with beautiful glass bottles makes it picture perfect! I love your texture work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous image! I love those old brown bottles and the peeling label - beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The beauty of decay ... perfect for this week's theme, Amy !
    Those bottles are gorgeous and so lovely with the dried Hydrangea !
    Nice week,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great images ... your old bottles look so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Carmel...I love my old amber bottles...such perfect shades...

      Delete
  11. Amy, these shots are to die for! I have never seen a climbing hydrangea but I need to find out if they will grow here. And thanks for the links, I will be heading there now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my. So much to love here. Beautiful photos Amy. Love.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely wonderful. Beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Earl - always happy to see your smiling face here...your flower pics are always the loveliest...

      Delete
  14. Just beautiful! Hydrangeas also make good everlastings -- cut when they're still colorful, hang upside down to dry.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amy, Every picture you take has such an impact. The texture of the dried flowers along with the textured background makes for such a soulful image - kind of bittersweet. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous photos! Such beautiful still lifes. (I love dried hydrangeas, too.)

    ReplyDelete
  17. wonderful images. I love the brown and soft linen.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Amy, I can see why that Saw Palmetto bottle is one of your favorites. With that wonderful label the chip on the lip wouldn't have bothered me either. Your pictures are very beautiful.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  19. love yours photographies !!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting...appreciate your comments...I love hearing whatever you have to say...even if its just to let me know you stopped by...and I want to respond to every comment...but if you have "noreply-comment" as your email, I can't respond...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails